Geminid Meteor Shower
The annual Geminid meteor shower peaks next week. Sadly, the Moon will be near-full brightening the sky for most of the night causing rates to be lower. However, the Geminids will still put on a good show pretty much anywhere that isn’t overcast, so don’t worry. Southern Hemisphere viewers will see lower rates, with the peak being ~40-60 meteors/hour in some locations, so you won’t be missing out as was the case for the Persieds earlier this year. Use the Fluxtimator to estimate the rate in your location.
Meteors will be visible when the radiant point is above the horizon from your location. The radiant point is in the constellation Gemini (Jupiter will be too, so get your binocs/telescopes), right next to the Orion constellation. You can spot meteors anywhere in the sky and it is not necessary to look towards the radiant point as some may believe. So go out, find somewhere dark, look up and enjoy the show.
The Style Mermaid x The Antidotes: #InstaxMini7SGiveaway
Hello my little mermaids! Yana e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago regarding a giveaway and we are both so excited to have come up with a great one for all of you.
Here are the prizes for 4 lucky readers:
- A Fujifilm Instax Mini 7s (Pink) + 1 pack of 10 films
- How To Be An Explorer Of The World by Keri Smith and a Gel Pen Pack from Smiggle
- Blogging For Creatives and Journal from Kiehl
- A brand new white skater skirt
Note: The Instax isn’t brand new BUT it’s in good condition and works perfectly. You may see actual pictures here.
Here’s how you can join:
If you love me hardcore, then don’t walk away
It’s a game boy
I don’t wanna play
I just wanna be yours
Like I always say
Never let me go
- Prepping up for Christmas!!
- Going to Fully Booked at Town
- Me, fullybookin’ (what)
- Weekend hang-outs
- Being pissed because I didn’t get to take BEE… I was late ‘daw’ IN WHICH CASE, I WASN’T!! Current emotion: murder
- Rescheduled for BEE ;__;
- Super fun pool party for Cy’s 16th with the senior peeps
- Watched Catching Fire
- C R A M M I N G TO THE NTH POWER AS IN MAJOR MAJOR
- Senior life *sigh* pls let me graduate already